These days just about everyone you see at the gym, on the sporting field or at the park is wearing compression. But is it just a fad…? or does compression wear have some serious benefits during exercise and for your overall performance? We think the latter!
It is proven that graduated compression increases blood flow back to the heart to reduce fatigue and muscle damage. It also helps the removal of lactate from the blood to assist athletes to perform and recover faster. Coordination, agility and efficiency are improved through greater muscle proprioception. 2XU and Skins are two of the biggest brands in compression wear, both providing garments in upper body and lower body for men, women and kids.
We know wearing compression…
Improves your performance
- Keeps your muscles in place reducing muscle fatigue
- Improves awareness of body position (aka proprioception)
- Graduated compression improves blood flow and reduces blood lactates
- Powerful, but light weight and flexible
Reduces the risk of injury
- Promotes faster muscle warm up
- Minimises muscle oscillation and micro-tearing
- Graduated compression reduces risk of deep vein thrombosis and blood pooling
Helps you recover faster
- Reduced swelling
- Graduated compression improves blood flow and lymphatic drainage removing toxins and fastening muscle repair