Win A Super Trip Of A Lifetime Terms & Conditions
The following stipulates the Terms and Conditions for the “Ultimate Sporting Experience of A Lifetime” promotion (the “Promotion”).
Associated Retailers Limited (ABN 42 004 520 030), 5 Kingston Town Close, Oakleigh, VIC 3166, telephone: 03 9254 0129.
Promotional Period :
Start Date: 14/10/2019 | End Date: 4pm AEDT 23/12/2019
Prize Draw Date:
10am AEDT on 24/12/2019
The winner will be notified by phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and the winner’s name will be published on the Promotional Website from 24/12/2019
Redraw Date ( if necessary):
10am AEDT on 08/01/2020
Re-Draw Winner Notification:
The Re-Draw winner (if any) will be notified by phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the re-draw and their name will also be published on the Promotional Website from 10/01/2020.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/37988 | ACT Permit No. TP19/04158 | SA Permit No. T19/1526
Game of Chance
Promoter’s website addresses/URLs
Who May Enter
- Residents of Australia who are over the age of 18 at the time of entry.
- The Promoter’s employees, management, directors & contractors, employees of entities associated with the Promotion (and their immediate families) are ineligible to enter.
For clarity, “immediate family” includes any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
How To Enter
To enter, individuals must complete the following during the Promotional Period:
- Spend $20 or more in a single transaction at any Sportspower store nationally (“Qualifying Transaction”); and then
- visit the Promotional Website, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page, and input the requested details (including their full name, telephone number, email address, city, receipt number for the Qualifying Transaction, time and date of the Qualifying Transaction and the Sportspower store where the Qualifying Transaction was made) and submit the fully completed entry form.
For the removal of doubt, purchases made via the online store will not be eligible for entry into the Promotion.
The Promotion is a game of chance and the Prize is drawn at random from all entrants who have completed their entry successfully in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
Entries will be placed into a random draw and one (1) winner will be chosen at random from all eligible, valid and complete entries received.
The draw will take place at Handling Matters, Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade, Cromer NSW 2099 on the Prize Draw Date in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
A draw for the Prize, if unclaimed, may take place on the Re-Draw Date at the same place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for two (2) adults to Miami, Florida USA valued at up to AUD$45,276, depending on point of departure.
- Two (2) x return economy airfares from winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Miami, Florida;
- Four (4) nights twin share minimum 4star accommodation including breakfast daily on set menu (30/01/2020 – 03/02/2020);
- Travel insurance for two (2) adults (subject to the conditions below);
- Dinner for two (2) on Thursday 30/01/2020;
- The cost of the ESTA Visa for two (2) adults;
- Two (2) x tickets to a beach football match; and
- Two (2) x tickets to the Super Bowl on 02/02/2020.
- Prize must be taken to coincide with the event on Sunday 02/02/2020. Unless otherwise stated, spending money, meals, insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the Prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual Prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in. The winner and his/her companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, vaccinations and travel documentation (including but not limited to being approved for ESTA Visa).
- The Super Bowl ticket prizes are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject the winner (and/or his/her companion/s) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the Prize.
- The winner and his/her companion will each be required to fully complete a travel insurance application form provided by the Promoter and may also be required to undergo medical tests as required by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer, in order to redeem the travel insurance element of the prize. Any person found guilty of insurance fraud or failure to honestly and accurately disclose all relevant insurance information at the time of applying for a travel insurance policy or when making a claim forfeits any rights or entitlements to the travel insurance element of the prize. Travel insurance will be provided by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer, and subject to approval by the travel insurer. In the event that the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer refuses to issue insurance to the winner and/or companion, the winner forfeits that travel insurance element of the prize. Travel insurance is subject to the terms and conditions issued by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer, including but not limited to any limitations on the covered amount.
Total Prize Pool Value
Up To AUD $45,276.00
- Information on how to enter and the Prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. By submitting an entry into the Promotion, the entrant acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying Transaction (regardless of the amount spent in excess of $20 in that transaction); and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements. Any unauthorised multiple entries will be removed from the draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entries that are wholly or partially incomplete or indecipherable. The Promoter’s decision on this and other aspects of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to use the name, likeness, image and voice (including a photograph, film or recording) of any entrant or winner in the Promotion for the purpose of advertising the Promotion (including its outcome), the Promoter and any products or services supplied or arranged by the Promoter.
- As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner and his/her companion must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, cannot be exchanged, transferred or altered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winning and independent financial advice should be sought.
- Subject to the Re-Draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take / redeem the prize (or an element of the Prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or suspend or modify the Prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority
- The winner acknowledges that any additional travel or accommodation costs incurred in relation to taking the Prize is their sole responsibility.
- If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the Promotional Website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- If the Prize (or any part of the Prize) becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter will endeavour to provide a substitute prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to the written directions of any regulatory authority.
- If the Prize remains unclaimed by the Redraw Date listed above, the Promoter reserves the right to re-award the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the Super Bowl event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking of the Prize.