Terms & Conditions
SportsPower Your Local Legend Competition
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
3. This is a competition based on skill and chance plays no part in choosing the winners.
Who can enter
- Subject to clause 4, entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 16 years or over who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants’).
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter is Associated Retailers Limited (ABN 42 004 52 0030) of 169 Burnley Street, Richmond VIC 3121 (‘Promoter’). Phone: (03) 9254 0100.
- On entering the competition entrants agree to gain automatic admission to the SportsPower Fan Club and agree to receive exclusive Fan Club offers and notification of upcoming events and sales.
- The SportsPower Support Office or store will be responsible for contacting the individual winner and their nominated registered Sports Club directly.
- It is a condition of entry and accepting the prize that the individual winner and their nominated SportsPower Local Legend agree to appear in photographs for publication and publicity on digital platforms including but not restricted to social media and the SportsPower website. This publicity includes but is not limited to photos of the SportsPower Local Legend, training tips, favourite products and more as decided by The Promoter.
- The Promoter may, for an indefinite period use the information in Point 9 from both the entrant and SportsPower Local Legend for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages to the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
How to enter
- To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below) sign up in store or online and fill out all required fields or follow the prompts required to create an eligible entry and
- Tell us in 75 words or less why your nominated local sporting person should be judged as a SportsPower Local Legend.
- The nomination may be of the entrant themselves or a third party they deem to be eligible.
- The entrant understands that the winner of the prize is the person nominated as the SportsPower Local Legend and not the entrant – unless the entrant nominates themself as an eligible winner in the SportsPower Local Legend promotion.
- In nominating a third party as an entrant in the SportsPower Local Legend promotion the entrant indemnifies the Promoter, the Promotion Partners and any other Third Party in respect to any claim, loss or damage or damages whatsoever, including but not limited to economic, direct or indirect loss, claim on financial reward on all or a part of the prize or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with or arising from this Competition.
- All entries will be judged on criteria including but not limited to the nominated person’s contribution on a local scale to the Sporting Club or code, the person’s achievements in their selected sport and the person’s good character in being an inspiration and model representation to all others in their selected sporting code. If for any reason the nominated SportsPower Local Legend or the entrant is deemed ineligible during or after the promotion due to but not limited to legal action against them or charges made against them by third parties or authorities they will be excluded from the competition or from any publicity of the SportsPower Local Legend Competition and their prize money forfeited. The decision made is at the discretion of the Promoter and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must include all requested contact details, including a valid email address, to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries permitted
- Entrants may submit multiple entries representing eligible winners but only ONE ENTRY for each nominated winner.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
- The competition commences on Monday the 3rd of April 2017 at 9am (AEST) and closes Sunday the 28th of May 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST) (‘Promotional Period’). Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time to be eligible to enter.
- The winners will be judged at Associated Retailers Limited, 169 Burnley Street, Richmond VIC on 30/05/2017 at 9am (AEDST). The SportsPower Local Legends will be announced 13th of June 2017 on sportspower.com.au
- The winning entrants will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on sportspower.com.au for 28 days.
- Prizes (or in the case of vouchers, prize confirmations) will be sent within 28 days of the draw.
- 23. The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 30/08/2017 at 11am (AEST) at Associated Retailers Limited, 169 Burnley Street, Richmond VIC in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. The Winner of any further draw will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on sportspower.com.au for 28 days.
Prizes on offer
- 24. The total prize pool is valued at up to $6500 (Including GST).
- The first valid five (5) winning entries will each receive a $1000 SportsPower Gift Voucher that will be delivered to the entrant. The next fifteen (15) entrants who win judged on merit will each receive a $100 (One hundred dollar) SportsPower gift voucher.
- The SportsPower Gift Vouchers are valid for use and redemption for twelve (12) months from the date of issue and usage must be in accordance with all SportsPower Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions.
- The SportsPower Gift Vouchers are not transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible persons understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an Eligible Person provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook
- Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
31. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prizewinner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- 34. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection statement
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners and their nominated SportsPower Local Legends agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Each nominated SportsPower Local Legend agrees that he/she have read these Terms and Conditions in full and agree that they have been fully understood and will be abided by.
- Each entrant and nominated SportsPower Local Legend agrees in full to these Terms and Conditions of the promotion and both the entrant and nominated SportsPower Local Legend indemnify the The Promoter, the Promotion Partners and any other Third Party in respect to any claim, loss or damage or damages whatsoever, including but not limited to economic, direct or indirect loss, or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with or arising from this Competition.
- Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees’).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.